Wednesday, February 3, 2010

South Carolina



I had my first trip to South Carolina this weekend!! Although it almost didn't happen!! We were planning on leaving Saturday morning to meet Nana and Papa there for a quick trip to celebrate their anniversary but then Daddy decided to get off work on Friday and go for a little bit longer! We left after Mommy came home from work and as we started down the road it started raining... then snowing... YUCK!!! Daddy was worried about driving in it and didn't wanna wreck since I was in the car... We drove to Dalton, Georgia (about 30 minutes away) and it wasn't getting better... We decided to drive on the interstate and it was fine! When we got to Atlanta it was 54 degrees and sunny out! I got tired of riding in the car after a while and we had to stop so I could take a break and get out of my seat. It took us about 5 1/2-6 hours to get to Columbia, and we checked into our hotel and Mommy and Daddy got food to eat for dinner. I stayed up for a little bit and then I got ready for bed. Mommy had a hard time getting me to sleep because I was soo interested in looking around at everything! In the morning Mommy put me in my bathing suit even though it was big on me, and we went to a big bathtub! Daddy held me and took me in the water. I wasn't sure at first- not upset or mad but just didn't know what to think of it all. After Daddy held me a bit Mommy held me and showed me how to splash. After she showed me how to splash I started kicking and splashing and loving the water! It was really fun! I didn't like getting out but I was tired and took a nap after we got back to our room! After I woke up we met Nana and Papa and went and saw Mommy's old house and where she went to school. It was cool to 'see' where she grew up even though I didn't really see it too much. We drove around downtown Columbia and we thought about going to a basket ball game but couldn't get tickets. We just went shopping at different places and got some South Carolina things. On Sunday morning we went to Mommy's old church- she hadn't been there in 11 years- and everyone was soo surprised at how grown up she was and that she had me!! I went to the nursery and everyone had so much fun with me even though I had a major blow out! I had to wear just a onesie without any pants!! haha oh well at least I'm a baby and I dont care!! I had such a good time on our trip! I wanna go back sometime when I can handle riding in the car a bit longer! Oh and I NEED a picture with a palmetto tree!! We didn't get to get one since it was raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment